The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe. Scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, but not living expenses, for studies at Uppsala University Master’s programmes offered during the current admission round and commencing 31 August 2020.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Citizens of: Afghanistan, Cameroon, DR Congo, Egypt, India, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.
- Applicants must show why they are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need to belonging to the education environment at Uppsala University as well as having the academic talent required.
- Students can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship if a programme at Uppsala University is chosen as first priority.
- You must have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
- The programme must be delivered on campus. The scholarship is not available for distance learning programmes or programmes partially taught at other universities outside Sweden.
Awards and Benefits
- Uppsala University President’s Club Scholarship aims to encourage a well-qualified international Master’s student.
- The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition, but not living expenses, for programmes offered during the current admission round and commencing 31 August 2020.
- Some scholarships are specifically for students who are applying to one of Uppsala University’s Master’s programmes, while others are open to both Master’s and Bachelor’s students.
- Some scholarships are open for all citizens of a country outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland whilst others are only open to citizens of certain countries.
- The scholarships that are open for application can vary from year to year. The list of nationalities that are eligible for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship also varies from year to year.
- Be sure to check whether you are eligible to apply before you submit an application.
How To Apply
To apply please click here