The Food System Vision Prize is an invitation for organizations across the globe to develop a Vision of the regenerative and nourishing food system that they aspire to create by the year 2050.The Rockefeller Foundation has partnered with SecondMuse and OpenIDEO to amplify the discourse on the state and the future of the world’s many food systems. And to empower communities globally to develop actionable solutions and become protagonists in their own food future. Creating a compelling and progressive Vision for the future of our food system requires a culture of collaboration that rallies industry, policy, academia, and society to act as one. When we come together, we can deliver sustainable, nourishing diets for people and the planet by 2050.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The challenges seem ominous: a global population approaching 10 billion, greenhouse gasses changing our climate, pollution poisoning our soil, air, and water. Yet, there are opportunities to address them if we act together to transform our food system.
- A positive, inspirational Vision, in which we see the possible in our mind’s eye, is the necessary, creative opening to any act of innovation or development we make in the real world. It has the potential to ignite a movement.
- And it inspires diverse stakeholders to rally and unite behind it. Without a Vision, and the plan it inspires, we do not progress from hope to action.
Awards and Benefits
- Join a cohort of Visionaries addressing systemic food issues via a virtual Accelerator and in-person convening;
- Collaborate with a select team of advisors and stakeholders to further refine their Visions and find pathways to actualize them;
- Participate in an Accelerator during which they will have access to media and storytelling training and a global platform via media exposure, in order to attract partners, connections, and other funder and philanthropic networks;
- Refine and amplify their Visions further;
- If in full compliance with the Prize Terms and Conditions, be announced as a Top Visionary and have the opportunity to participate in a recognition ceremony.
How To Apply
To apply please click here