The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 6-month intensive entrepreneurship, leadership, business training, and exchange program that provides early stage social entrepreneurs of between 18 – 29 years with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact.
The program seeks to identify, inspire and empower 25 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises. The program will also invest a minimum total of $15000 in grant funding to top fellows during the program.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The venture must be solving a clear problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least some paying customers or making a revenue in the past 6 months.
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from January 17th, 2020 to June 2020
- The applicant can commit to do weekly tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
- The venture is legally registered in Kenya or in the process of registration
Awards and Benefits
- Develop your entrepreneurial leadership skills.
- Hands-on approach on building and growing your social venture.
- Access a network of entrepreneurs, mentors and opportunities (including internships, funding and workshops).
- Access to grant funding (equity free) of at least $5000 for top entrepreneurs.
- Be a core part of a family/community of ambitious, talented and passionate entrepreneurs tackling big challenges.
- Access to in program and follow up investment to build and scale your venture.
- Access tailored and customized support for your venture including mentors and top talent for your needs.
- Flexible program that allows you to still run your venture during the program.
How To Apply
To apply please click here