The Innovation Factory Digital Innovation Accelerator is a multi-stage programme that includes a 6-month acceleration programme and a final competition.
Participants begin by submitting their digital innovation solutions for Gender Equality, EduTech as well as Environmental Climate Action-related topics. 45 short-listed teams will participate in the Innovation Factory Acceleration programme where they will – among others – receive capacity building support; refine their business models and pitch strategy; optimise their SDG impacts; and work on their investment readiness.
At the end of the acceleration phase, teams will submit their refined business plans to compete for the final prize. 12 winning teams of the competition stage will receive tailored support packages equivalent to 15.000€ each that will go into further development of their products and/or the scaling of their start-ups. Additionally successful teams will also profit from the Innovation Factory’s network.
- Digital Innovation Boot camp is an opportunity for early-stage innovators who are keen on developing a sustainable business model around their digital innovations.
- The bootcamp cultivates digital start-ups with the capacity and agility to disrupt traditional models and processes to support sustainable development in the form of climate smart agriculture, virtual knowledge transfers, bridging of the gender gap, and more.
- Digital Innovation Idea Competition (coming soon) is suited for digital innovators who are operating sustainable businesses around their digital innovations. The 2019 Digital Innovation Idea Competition is currently aimed to be launched in June 2019.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Have a clear business case and feasible financial sustainability for future/current revenue mode.
- Digital innovation solution is operational & has been introduced to the market & its intended users.
- Have potential for scale and significant replication to maximise impact.
- Have a digital innovation that delivers positive impact in the areas of Gender Equality, Environmental Climate Action or EduTech.
- Being locally-driven or locally-led from one of these 5 countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Mexico, and Senegal.
Awards and Benefits
- Join us for hands-on learning experiences with expert workshops
- Receive tailored coaching to bring your digital innovation to the next stage
- We use design thinking techniques to spur and enrich your innovations
- The winners will benefit from a six month acceleration programme during which they will be supported individually and tailor-made by an experienced facilitator in refining their digital innovation and developing the business model around the digital innovation further.
- A focus will also be on the development of financing models for the digital innovation and the elaboration of a growth strategy.
Short-listed teams will take part in the 6-month Digital Innovation Accelerator to:Receive capacity building support;
- Be guided in business model refinement;
- Become investment ready;
- Optimise SDG impacts;
- Develop a comprehensive business plan
How To Apply
To apply please click here