Moremi Initiative for Women’s Leadership in Africa invites applications from exceptional emerging African women leaders for the 2020 MiLEAD Fellows Program- to identify Africa’s most promising women leaders.
The MILEAD Fellows Program is a long-term and paradigm-shifting leadership development program to identify, develop and promote a new generation of young African female leaders to attain and thrive in critical leadership across Africa. The program targets dynamic young women interested in developing transformational leadership skills that help them address issues facing women and girls across communities in Africa. The MILEAD Program equips Fellows with the world class knowledge, skills, values and support systems they need to succeed as 21st century women leaders.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applications are invited from young African women between 19 – 25 years of age, living in Africa and in the Diaspora.
- Selected candidates may remain full time students or work full time for the program duration, except during the 3–week summer institute.
- The 3-week summer institute is an intensive and full-time residential program and all fellows will be required to attend. The rest of the program involves community-based, online and other distance activities.
- We invite you to share this application information with the most inspiring emerging African women leaders in your network who have the passion and potential to help transform the continent.
Awards and Benefits
- The MILEAD Fellowship will be awarded to 25 outstanding young women who have exhibited leadership potential in their community, organization, and/or profession.
- To be eligible for the program, an applicant must be African, living on the continent or in the Diaspora; agree to participate in all required activities related to MILEAD – beginning with a three-week residential Summer Institute in Ghana; and commit to a community change project.
- Specific requirements of the program and related dates are outlined in the application package. Please review program and application guidelines carefully, before completing your application
How To Apply
To Apply please click here