The Millennium Fellowship is open to rising leaders and innovators around the world committed to achieving transformational change in their communities, countries, and professional fields with a global impact. Fellows will be at the forefront of the Atlantic Council’s work to promote constructive leadership and create a more secure and prosperous world.
The Millennium Leadership Program provides exceptional leaders aged thirty-five and under with unique opportunities to build a global network, engage directly with world leaders at flagship Atlantic Council events, develop key professional skills, and collaborate to have a global impact.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Through a competitive application process, the Atlantic Council will accept approximately twenty exceptional leaders who are thirty-five years old and under into each new class of Millennium Fellows.
- The Millennium Fellowship is the Atlantic Council’s flagship leadership “accelerator” aimed at equipping young leaders to tackle the defining global challenges of the next generation.
- Open to rising leaders and innovators from every country and sector, fellows commit to leveraging the program experience to accelerate their own transformation as leaders.
- Fellows will be at the forefront of the Atlantic Council’s work to promote constructive, international engagement and create a more secure and prosperous world.
- Through a competitive application process, the Atlantic Council will accept approximately twenty applicants between the ages of twenty-five and thirty-five to join each new class of Millennium Fellows.
- The Millennium Fellowship is a two-year, part-time program requiring three weeks of in-person activities and eight hours of virtual activities and distance learning, supplemented by independent fellow-to-fellow work and optional events that take place around the world and throughout the year. As part of this, fellows will participate in two leadership retreats and training seminars each lasting one-week, as well as one “study tour” to the front lines of a global issue.
- Throughout the program, fellows will join a global network of exceptional peers, have unparalleled opportunities to meet with world leaders at flagship Atlantic Council events, go behind the headlines to explore global challenges up-close, and lead the debate on issues that will shape the 21st century.
Awards and Benefits
- Building on our fifty-five year history of convening exceptional next generation leaders, the Atlantic Council launched the Millennium Fellowship to connect and empower rising leaders who will shape the 21st century.
- Fellows join a global network of outstanding peers, have unparalleled opportunities to meet world leaders at flagship Council events, learn in a hands-on environment through Master Class sessions and study tours, and lead the debate on key global issues.
- The fellowship is a central pillar of the Council’s mission to promote constructive leadership and build enduring relationships capable of addressing shared global challenges.
- The fellowship’s goal is to foster a new generation of leaders to navigate a complex and rapidly changing landscape of challenges in the 21st century.
- Fellows hold a common belief in the power of constructive international engagement, democracy, human rights, rule-of-law, and sustainability as catalysts for good, while bringing a range of policy views from across the political spectrum to discussions on how we address this century’s greatest challenges from climate change to rapid technological disruption to the return of great power competition.
How To Apply
To apply please click here