The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations-UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank-and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Learn more at unaids.org
Eligibility and Criteria
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
Awards and Benefits
- To be provided by the respective Supervisor and reflected in the Terms of Reference for the internship.
- Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution (and have completed three years of full-time studies) or have completed a course of study and have been awarded an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree at a recognized educational institution.
- If candidates are recent graduates they will be expected to start and complete the internship within 12 months of their date of graduation.
- Candidates must be at least 20 years of age at the date of application and have a working knowledge (both oral and written) of at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) require in the office of internship. Candidates should be holders of a valid passport from WHO/UNAIDS Member State.
How To Apply
To apply please click here