Together with Climate Tracker, Hivos will be training and sending six African journalists to cover the Sustainable Energy for All Forum in Rwanda, this May (26th-28th). We are looking for young journalists from Africa who want to make a big impact in their countries by publishing about the energy challenges and help shape one of the most important debates of our time.
The Sustainable Energy for All Forum will convene the best experts and decision makers to take progress on what is working in the establishing of the SDGs and to mobilize resources and new financial instruments. A vibrant meeting place to showcase action towards sustainable energy, with entrepreneurs, community leaders, city leaders, policy makers, financiers and investors.
Eligibility and Criteria
- For journalists, this will be a career-defining opportunity to meet and learn from some of the key industry movers and shakers.
- This will be a vibrant meeting place to showcase action towards renewable energy, with entrepreneurs, community leaders, city leaders, policy makers, financiers and investors in the energy space.
- You will need to publish and submit an article to the Climate Tracker App.
- You should an article on the following topics.
- Energy access
- clean energy cooking
- the right to energy transition
- sustainable energy for all
- sustainable energy and climate change
- You will need to write and publish your piece on the media outlet of your choice. It can be local, national, regional or international. Unfortunately, we can’t accept self-owned blog entries.
Awards and Benefits
The 6 six fellows will receive a fully funded fellowship to travel to Kigali for the event, undergo exclusive training from leading energy experts and journalists, and an investigative story grant to cover energy issues back in their home country – all mentored by the Climate Tracker Team.
As a fellow, you will receive training on climate and journalism organized by Climate Tracker, participate in group interviews with high-level officials/experts, and network with amazing people from all over the world!
All expenses will be organized and covered for the fellows as part of the fellowship.
After the Forum, the six fellows will be part of an 8-week-long investigative reporting scholarship guided by Climate Tracker, to have a chance to refine your journalism skills and report on the pressing energy issues of your country.
How To Apply
To apply please click here