The jubilee 25th year of The Model Young Package 2020 competition brings up a pressing issue – Personal Care in our globalized and connected world. We invite designers from all around the world to create a modern packaging that is sustainable and contributes to improving the quality of life at the same time. The world’s largest contest of its type is organized by Czechdesign for Model Group and is awarded EUR 6,200 prizes in total. Moreover, it allows participants to compare their designs in international competition and get an appraisal from distinguished industry experts.
This year, the designers’ task is to design packaging for personal care products that will make our lives better and heal the ailments of today’s world. Healthier, more beautiful, happier and responsible – that’s the model man of today who inevitably needs a lot of products and leaves a lot of packaging behind. All the things that we eat and drink every day, apply to our bodies, or simply use should improve our lives. All you have to do is choose either the path of natural products or the latest scientific knowledge.
These products enter our life to make it better. Therefore, they should be better. That’s the designers’ challenge – to pack creatively and responsibly cosmetics, nutritional supplements (vitamins, teas), medical supplies, medicines or hygiene items of any kind.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The Model Young Package contest has two categories. Students of secondary and tertiary professional schools can apply for the High Schools category.
- The second category is for university students and designers of any age.
- Participants register using the online registration form at young-package.com and then send their work by post to the address of the organizer Czechdesign.
- The jury, chaired by the leading Czech packaging designer Jan Činčera, will judge the designs.
- The results will be announced in September 2020, along with an exhibition of the best works in the Czechdesign Gallery in Prague.
Awards and Benefits
- There is a total of 6,200 EUR (~ 160,000 CZK) in cash prizes prepared for the winners. For one chosen there is also a great opportunity for three weeks of a paid internship in the Model Obaly Innovation Center.
Unlimited – Universities & Designers
- 1st place 2000 EUR
- 2nd place 1200 EUR
- 3rd place 800 EUR
High Schools – secondary schools and tertiary professional schools
- 1st place 1200 EUR
- 2nd place 600 EUR
- 3rd place 400 EUR
Special prizes will also be awarded:
- the Model Obaly Innovation Center Prize
- the Marketing Jury Prize
How To Apply
To apply please click here