The CC Global Summit gathers those in the open community under the umbrella of learning, sharing, and creating; united by a passion for growing a vibrant, usable commons powered by collaboration and gratitude. The Summit is a perfect space for the open community to begin an exercise of internal reflection on how to build a more equitable, inclusive and accessible world. We invite proposals that address the topics and issues outlined in the tracks below with a focus on actionable insights and outcomes, from case studies to workshops and storytelling sessions.
Eligibility and Criteria
The Program Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate proposals:
- To what extent does the proposal make it clear what outcomes the participants should be able to get out of the session?
- To what extent does the proposal speak to, involve, or collaborate with one or more of the summit target audiences?
- To what extent does the proposal, the matters being discussed, and/or the presenters incorporate diversity in gender, geographic location, underrepresented communities?
- To what extent does the proposal offer something interesting, useful, innovative, or important to the summit?
Total possible score = 20
Awards and Benefits
- Nearly 25% of all Global Summit attendees receive support from Creative Commons in the form of scholarships.
- Creative Commons believes that providing pathways to participation is crucial to our goal of lighting up the commons.
- Our scholarship program helps ensure the global community remains central in the debates, collaborations, connections, and strategies for action that make the Global Summit such an exciting and important event.
- Applicants are the heart of our scholarship program. Scholarship recipients represent a rich variety of communities and issues, including free and open culture, copyright reform, GLAM, open education, and global information systems.
- They also represent every CC world region, with the majority coming from Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America.
How To Apply
To apply please click here