The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects outstanding young advocates with the platforms, the people, and the resources that can amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality.
The Women Deliver Conferences are part of the Young Leaders’ journey and a continued opportunity for Young Leaders and Alumni to build their capacity, skills, and networks to advance their advocacy. In addition to integrating youth voices in all Conference programming, Young Leaders participate in a Young Leaders and Alumni Workshop, a Youth Pre-Conference, and the inter-generational Youth Zone
Eligibility and Criteria
- You should be between 15 to 28 years of Age as of 1st may 2020.
- You should be proficient in both written and spoken English.
- You should have access to Internet and email.
- You should posses a valid passport.
- You should have a bank account and a paypal account.
- Through the Speakers Bureau, we elevate and amplify the voices of Young Leaders and support their meaningful participation in national, regional, and global speaking opportunities while elevating them to positions of influence and power, including on panels, commissions, and boards.
- Recognizing that a seat at the table is not enough, Women Deliver also provides Young Leaders with the resources to fill their seat effectively.
- These workshops bring together selected Young Leaders to strengthen their relationships and networks at the regional level to encourage strategic, coordinated, and collaborative advocacy. In keeping with our principles on meaningful youth engagement, the programming is co-created by Young Leaders themselves.
Awards and Benefits
The Young Leaders Program is a catalyst for rising advocates that provides access to:
- Structured, self-paced, and iterative coursework provides Young Leaders with a powerful foundation that enables them to enact change and deliver for girls and women.
- The in-depth online curriculum focuses on gender equality and sustainable development; sexual and reproductive health and rights; meaningful youth engagement; communications and media; and grant proposals and financial stewardship.
- The coursework is supplemented by a rich offering of webinars and tutorials.
- Women Deliver believes that young people possess the experience and expertise to forge solutions to the challenges that affect them and their communities.
- Youth are powerful agents of change, but they require support and access to resources. Unfortunately, institutional donors often see them as lacking a “proven track record” or too young to implement a grant.
- To fill this gap, Women Deliver has been providing grants to select Young Leaders and alumni since 2014 to implement short-term advocacy projects to advance gender equality in their communities and countries.
- Women Deliver hosts workshops to build the capacity of Young Leaders to become more effective advocates.
How To Apply
To apply please click here