New Zealand government offers scholarships managed by New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade to eligible citizens from developing countries to study in New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The scholarships are available for the following African countries: Algeria, Angola, Bostwana, Djibouti, Eygpt, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Complete the online eligibility test to see if you are eligible to apply.
Awards and Benefits.
- Full tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) – NZ$480 per week.
- an establishment allowance – NZ$3000. This is a contribution to assist with set up cost in New Zealand.
- medical and travel insurance.
- travel to and from your home country- this is for travel from your home country at the start of your scholarship and for you to return to your home country at the end of your scholarship.
- home leave or reunion for some scholars.
- assistance with research and thesis cost for many postgraduate students.
How to apply
To apply please click here