The award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects passionate young advocates with the platforms, people, and resources to amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality. Since its inception, the program has worked with 700 young advocates from 138 countries who are on the front lines of initiatives to advance gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to meet the requirements of the program, applicants MUST:
- Be between the ages of 15-28 at the start of the program (1 May 2020)
- Be proficient in English
- Have regular access to email and the internet
- Have access to a bank account or PayPal account for sponsored opportunities
Awards and Benefits
- The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects outstanding young advocates with the platforms, the people, and the resources that can amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality.
- Structured, self-paced, and iterative coursework provides Young Leaders with a powerful foundation that enables them to enact change and deliver for girls and women.
- The in-depth online curriculum focuses on gender equality and sustainable development; sexual and reproductive health and rights; meaningful youth engagement; communications and media; and grant proposals and financial stewardship.
- The coursework is supplemented by a rich offering of webinars and tutorials.
- Women Deliver believes that young people possess the experience and expertise to forge solutions to the challenges that affect them and their communities.
- Through the Speakers Bureau, we elevate and amplify the voices of Young Leaders and support their meaningful participation in national, regional, and global speaking opportunities while elevating them to positions of influence and power, including on panels, commissions, and boards.
- Recognizing that a seat at the table is not enough, Women Deliver also provides Young Leaders with the resources to fill their seat effectively.
- Youth are powerful agents of change, but they require support and access to resources. Unfortunately, institutional donors often see them as lacking a “proven track record” or too young to implement a grant.
- To fill this gap, Women Deliver has been providing grants to select Young Leaders and alumni since 2014 to implement short-term advocacy projects to advance gender equality in their communities and countries.
How To Apply
TO apply please click here