As you probably know by now, Wogrammer has been acquired by AnitaB.org. We are proud to continue running our Journalism Fellowship as a new program brought to you by AnitaB.org.
We believe the best way to break stereotypes is through positive storytelling. As a Wogrammer Journalism Fellow, you will be a part of inspiring the next generation of intersectional women, girls, and non-binary individuals to pursue STEM careers by showcasing these underrepresented groups across a variety of industries. This Journalism Fellowship is an opportunity to help change how capable, competent intersectional women and non-binary individuals are discussed in the media, one story at a time.
Eligibility and Criteria
- We’re looking for writers who are passionate about dispelling stereotypes and can commit to producing 12 inspiring stories. Each story profiles a technical individual’s accomplishments, aspirations, and journey.
- Your stories will be published on the Wogrammer platform comprised of our Medium publication, Wogrammer.org, and then promoted on our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) with a possibility of reaching ~4M readers every year. (Whoa!)
- You will be invited to special events, such as conferences, tech talks, and local meetups.
- If this sounds like you, please submit your application by March 1st, 2020 at 11PM PST.
- Eligible to work in the US Passionate about increasing diversity in the tech industry
- Be At least 18 years old
Awards and Benefits
- You will become a member of the AnitaB.org community, giving you access to a network of like-minded individuals who are committed to inspiring others to pursue careers in tech.
- A strong writer
- Open to the collaborative editorial process and constructive feedback
- Knowledgeable of technical terminology (is considered a plus, but not required)
- Fellowship term: 3-4 months (or the amount of time it takes to complete 12 stories up to the Wogrammer brand standard)
- Compensation: $1500 (made in 2 payments during the duration of the fellowship)
- Fellow will write 12 stories by the end of the fellowship term
- Stories will be published on Wogrammer’s platform and promoted on various social media properties
- Work where you feel comfortable (remote accessibility available)
How To Apply
To apply please click here