RESPOND is a BMW Foundation accelerator program, operated by UnternehmerTUM, which supports founders and entrepreneurs in leading us towards a more sustainable and just future. The RESPOND accelerator program provides participants with hands-on training and mentorship, media coverage and visibility, workspace and prototyping, and access to our diverse, international network.
At RESPOND, we consider founders and entrepreneurs who have developed innovative, technology-based solutions to the most pressing economic, environmental and social challenges of our time as having a positive impact. More specifically, we are looking to work with startups that have a positive mission in line with the UN’s 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The RESPOND accelerator program is looking for founders and entrepreneurs worldwide who have the energy, creativity and innovation to tackle the most pressing challenges of our time and achieve systemic change.
- More specifically, we are looking for startups with an innovative technology, a scalable for-profit business model and some traction in the market, which achieve positive impact that is aligned with at least one of our selected Sustainable Development Goals:
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG 8), Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure (SDG 9) and Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11).
- Positive Impact – Does your startup achieve positive impact in line with the Sustainable Development Goals 8, 9 or 11
- Profit & Purpose – Is your venture driven by purpose and pursues a scalable business model?
- Technology – Does your startup use innovative technology to drive change?
- Traction – Does your early-stage venture already have some traction in the market?
Awards and Benefits
- Mentorship – You’ll have access to our mentors and receive workshops in business, technology, positive impact and leadership.
- Responsible Leadership – We will empower you to lead with more responsibility, awareness, commitment and action.
- International Network – We will provide you with access to a global network of investors, entrepreneurs and corporates.
- Visibility – We’ll promote your startup at international events as well as through our press and social media channels.
- Work-space – We offer co-working spaces in the heart of Munich and access to the prototyping workshop Maker Space.
How To Apply
To apply please click here