The Anzisha Prize is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 – 22 years, and hands out over USD $100,000 every year in prize money to entrepreneurs from all over the continent.
The Anzisha Prize seeks to award young entrepreneurs who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses within their communities. 20 finalists from across Africa win a fellowship to support growth or their business and an all-expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a two-week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus in Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $100,000 USD.
If you are a young African Entrepreneur trying to grow a small business or you’ve created something that makes your community better and provides you and your friends an income, then we want your application.
Your venture could be anything. Become a role model and inspire other young entrepreneurs to believe in the difference you can make in Africa, with the right support.
Africa’s future lies in your hands and we want to celebrate your potential to grow your country’s economy and create jobs. Each year, we select 20 leading youth entrepreneurs like you to become Anzisha Prize Fellows.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old.
- You must have an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. You must be between 15 and 22 to be eligible for the Anzisha Prize. You should be born after November 1, 1998 or before October 31, 2004 to be considered.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co founders who started a business together).
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – You must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
Your business venture will be judged on the following criteria:
- Is the venture led and managed by the founder?
- Is the venture established, already conducted some business or projects?
- Does the venture deliver some value to these beneficiaries or customers?
- Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Are there clearly defined beneficiaries that are impacted by the venture?
- Does the venture show potential to grow?
- Has the venture created some jobs?
- Does it have the potential to create more high quality jobs?
Awards and Benefits
- Monetary Reward of a share of $100,000, shared amongst the Fellows, with the grand prize winner, taking away $25 000
- Access to a world renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance. Worth $2 000
- $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support.
- $1,000 worth of rewards from entrepreneur networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs within the Anzisha Prize community.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2020 APPLICATION CYCLE
17 February 2020: Applications Open for the 2020 Anzisha Prize.
1 April 2020: Applications close.
May 2020: Phone interviews and due diligence visit with the semi-finalists, and final selection.
July 2020: Announcement of the top 50 Finalists of the 2020 edition of the Anzisha Prize.
August 2020: Announcement of the top 20 2020 Finalists.
October 2020: Anzisha Business Accelerator and Anzisha Prize Awards Forum.
How to apply
To apply please click here