Estonian national scholarship program for international students, researchers, and academic staff – Scholarships for summer and winter schools. The scholarships are intended to support participation in summer courses of Estonian language and culture as well as in courses of summer and winter schools related to the English-language curricula of degree study in Estonia.
Estonian language and culture courses
- Estonian Language Summer Courses in the University of Tartu
- Estonian Language in Tallinn University
- Viron kielen kurssit suomalaisille in in the University of Tartu
Courses related to the English-language curricula of degree study in Estonia
- Basics of Game Development
- Design of Serious Games;
- Educational Robotics in Preschool and Primary Education;
- Experimental Interaction Design;
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Storytelling, Comics, and Illustrations
- Social Enterprises: Using Your Creativity and Sensitivity
- The Formation of Global Norms in a Changing World Order;
- Gamification Workshop
- English language and Nordic culture
- Practical Robotics with 3D printing
- Juri Lotman and the Semiotics of Culture: Contemporary Applications
- Educational Change in Times of Rapid Technological Innovation
- Estonian Language Summer Courses for Finnish speakers
- Craft Camp
- Estonian Language Summer Courses with instruction in English
- Viron kielen kurssit suomalaisille / Estonian Language with Instruction in Finnish
- 9th Martens Summer School on International Law
- European Encounters: Estonia’s Economic Innovation and Baltic Regional Security
- Open and Closed Societies: The Example of Japan
- Interaction Design
- Fashion on Borders in Narva Art Residency
- Iron Smelting Workshop
- Graphic Design
- Performance Workshop
- Architecture and Construction in the Urban Environment
- Critical Perspectives to Clothing Practices: Radical Ironing
- Egg Tempera Painting Workshop in Narva Art Residency
- Wood and Sea: production and interior design
Eligibility and Criteria
In case of short courses the following documents shall be submitted (Application period is from 19.02.2020 to 19.03.2020):
- application form and motivation letter through online application system (please register to start the application);
- confirmation of admission from the organizing higher education institution in Estonia (can be sent by e-mail) or confirmation of submission of required admission documents;
- confirmation of registration from home university containing information on the applicant’s level of study, the normal period of studies and progress towards the degree;
- copy of passport or ID-card.
All documents should be in English or Estonian. Documents must be translated to any of these languages if the language of issuance is different. Applications that are not fully completed, drawn up as required or include false information or are submitted with a delay are not assessed.
Awards and Benefits
- Scholarship amount: The scholarship is used to reimburse up to 500 EUR of the course fee and accommodation costs of 25 EUR per day for a maximum of 28 days per secondment in a calendar year.
Grants for foreign researchers can be either short-term or long-term:
- The short-term grant shall be paid out for a period one to nine days in duration;
- The long-term grant shall be paid out for a period of ten days to ten months in duration.
- The support levels were established by the directive of the Minister of Education and Research.
- The rate of the short-term grant is 45 euros per day.
- The rate of the long-term grant is 660 euros per month.
- The long-term grant shall be paid in full months. The support for a whole month shall be paid out also if the period of work in Estonia is only 10 days long.
- The grant shall be paid to the hosting institution which organizes the coverage or payment of expenses for the foreign researcher.
- The hosting institution may use the support to pay per diems or remuneration for work and for compensating lodging or travel expenses, paying state taxes if necessary. No additional
tax expenses shall be compensated.
How To Apply
To apply please click here