The African Union Office of the Youth Envoy (OYE) has launched a new initiative to empower Pan-African youth advocates called The African Youth Charter Hustlers initiative. This will engage African youth to lead continental, regional and national advocacy and accountability.
Eligibility and criteria
- Be national of the 55-member states of the African Union
- Be aged 18-33 years old (as of 21 April 2020)
- Have demonstrated advocacy results and impact in their work
- Be committed to hustle for the Charter
Awards and benefits
- Article 28 of the Charter mandates the African Union Commission (AUC) to collaborate with governments, non-governmental institutions, and developmental partners to identify best practices on youth policy formulation and implementation and encourage the adaptation principles and experiences sharing.
- The AUC’s youth engagement strategy is centred on youth ownership of their outcomes, youth-led accountability, and building the capacity of young Africans to undertake these responsibilities.
- This is in line with the AUC’s 1 Million by 2021 Initiative, which seeks to provide opportunities for African youth in the game-changing areas of employment, education, entrepreneurship and engagement (4Es).
- The Action Plan, under the Advocacy Model, seeks to mobilize the African Youth Charter (AYC) Hustlers, to lead continental, regional and national advocacy for the ratification and implementation of the Charter as well as the institution of effective monitoring and reporting mechanisms.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here