The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is available to international students who want to pursue Bachelors’s (undergraduate degree), Masters and Ph.D. degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship provides international students the opportunity to study in Korea and conduct advanced studies in a higher educational institution in Korea.
Korea currently top the World’s Chart of the Best World Study Abroad Destination. Most of their Scholarships are Fully sponsored and students’ visa requirements are very easy to meet up.
This Scholarship Program is sponsored and managed by the National Institute for International Education Development (NIIED), a branch of the Ministry of Education in South Korea.
It provides non-Korean scholars with the funding and opportunity to conduct undergraduate or postgraduate level studies in South Korea after completing one year of intensive Korean language studies. In the end, it also develops global leaders as well as strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Eligibility and criteria
International students applying for the Korean Government Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
Awards and benefits
- NIIED is an executive agency under the Ministry of Education. It plays a leading role in strengthening national competitiveness by developing international human resources among overseas Koreans, exchanging students under national government scholarship programs, and providing educational administrative services.
- International undergraduates, masters, and Ph.D. receive this government scholarship annually students to study in Korea.
- Also, the Korean Government over the years has proven to be committed to fostering stronger diplomatic ties between the international communities and Korea through these Korean Government Scholarships which avail intelligent international students the opportunity to achieve their dreams.
- Furthermore, Korean schools have notable research programs, distinguished faculty, and state-of-the-art research facilities. Six Korean universities were rated in the top 400 world universities, according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- Graduate education in Korea holds a high reputation throughout the world, particularly in technical areas such as engineering and information technology. Also, Korea teaches most of its master’s programs in English.
Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits:
How to Apply
To Apply please click here