Scholarships are available to pursue pre-university and undergraduate degree programs for the academic year of 2020.
IMU shall be an innovative global center of excellence in learning and research, supporting a community of scholars and professionals committed to serving society, promoting the development of students to reach their true potential in becoming competent, ethical, caring and inquiring citizens and visionary leaders.
Malaysian students who demonstrate academic excellence will be invited to apply through their offer letter.
International Medical University Undergraduate scholarships are awarded in the following fields of study: Medicine, Chiropractic, Chinese Medicine Psychology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biomedical Science, Medical Biotechnology, Dietetics with Nutrition, Nutrition.
Eligibility and criteria
Foundation in Science (FiS) Scholarships:
- Scholarships are only open to all local and international students who have completed either the SPM or O-Level qualification at the immediately preceding year before admission into IMU.
- Example: If the student is applying for admission into 2017, he/she is only eligible to be considered for the scholarship if he/she has completed SPM or O-Level in 2016 and met the requirements for scholarships. There should not be any gap year between the completion of SPM or O-Level to the commencement of study in IMU.
- The scholarship will only be awarded based on the actual SPM or O-Level results and not on forecast results.
- Eligible candidates will be required to pay Semester 1 fees to register into the course and qualify for the scholarship.
Award and benefits
- Scholarships will be awarded the bonding subject to the program awarded.
- All scholarships will only cover the tuition fees and no allowance for living expenses, books, and study-related equipment.
- The amount will be disbursed on a semester to semester basis
- Students are required to maintain the required minimum CGPA of 3.50 per semester in order to continue with the International Medical University Scholarships. Failing which, the scholarship may be discontinued immediate effect.
- Students who withdraw (academic and non-academic reasons) without completing the program will be required to repay the amount that has been disbursed for the financial award given.
- Repeat modules will not be covered and continuation of the financial award will be on a case by case basis.
How to Apply
To Apply please click here