The Women PeaceMakers fellowship offers a unique opportunity for local women peacebuilders to engage in a cycle of learning, practice, research and strengthening of peacebuilding partnerships through participation in a 12-month fellowship. Knowing the power of women’s participation in peace and security decision-making, the Women PeaceMaker fellowship aims to drive forward stronger, more effective collaborations between women peacebuilders from conflict-affected communities and international partner organizations . By co-developing evidence based and data driven solutions, the women and international organizations who are at the center of our most serious peacebuilding challenges demonstrate why they are best positioned to influence positive change.
Four Fellows and four individuals who represent leading international peacebuilding organizations (IPs), will be selected as a cohort to drive forward applied research that focuses on building mutual learning and stronger partnerships between women peacebuilders and international organizations who are working to end cycles of violence.
Eligibility and criteria
Applicants for the Women PeaceMakers Fellowship must:
- Have worked for 10+ years as a peacebuilder and have worked directly in their local peacebuilding contexts;
- Demonstrates peacebuilding/peacemaking skills and attitudes;
- Be in a position to participate in all activities during the 12-month fellowship and apply what is learned at the conclusion of the residency program;
- Has worked directly with an international peacebuilding organizations on the 2020/2021 year’s focus (see above);
- Demonstrate local credibility and a strong social network within her country/community of practice;
- Speak sufficient English to relate personal experiences.
Awards and benefits
- This fellowship offers other unique opportunities for local women peacebuilders to grow their networks, and peacebuilding skills
- Each year the 12-month fellowship’s research has a specific peacebuilding issue area it is gathering evidence and data on
How to Apply
To Apply please click here