The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. We play a key role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders for our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry.
Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore. As a Science and Technology Organisation, we bridge the gap between academia and industry in terms of research and development. In these endeavours, we seek to integrate the relevant capabilities of our research institutes and collaborate with the wider research community as well as other public sector agencies towards meaningful and impactful outcomes. Together with the other public sector entities, we develop industry sectors by:
- integrating our capabilities to create impact with Multi-National Corporations and Globally Competitive Companies;
- partnering Local Enterprises for productivity and gearing them for growth; and
- nurturing R&D-driven Start-ups by seeding for surprises and shaping for success.
Our research, in addition, also contributes to societal benefits such as improving outcomes in healthcare, urban living, and sustainability. These serve to enhance lives in Singapore and beyond.
Eligibility and criteria
Applicants for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), must satisfy following criteria:
- Be international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection cri
Awards and benefits
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
How to Apply
To Apply please click here