Are you looking for an intensive immersion or Arabic study abroad program? You’ve come to the right place. Founded in 2007, Qalam wa Lawh Center for Arabic Studies in Rabat, Morocco quickly earned a reputation for excellence and expertise in teaching Arabic as a foreign language.
Today, we are one of the largest and most trusted centers dedicated to Arabic language acquisition and cultural immersion activities in North Africa. Each year, more than 1200 students and professionals from around the world come to Qalam, not only to study in its year-round Arabic language program, but also to take advantage of immersion and volunteer activities which introduce them to Arab and Moroccan culture.
Our commitment to providing Arabic language learners a top notch immersion experience is enhanced by partnerships with other leading Moroccan educators, including University Mohammed V in Rabat and University Moulay Ismail in Meknès. You can rest assured that Arabic courses taught at Qalam wa Lawh emphasize building a solid foundation in communication skills, and are designed to ensure that learners are confident using the language.
Ibn Battuta Arabic Scholarships aim to reward students for excellence and dedication to the study of the Arabic language as well as promote the study of Arabic as a foreign language. Prospective students may apply to either one of the semester programs (fall, spring) or else to one of the winter and summer programs offered at the Qalam wa Lawh center in Rabat Morocco.
Eligibility and criteria
Applicants must write a 600-1,000 word essay answering
- What do you hope to achieve through your study of the Arabic language?
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of four University semesters in Modern Standard Arabic or equivalent study (at least 240 documented contact hours at a private institution).
- Applicants must have three written recommendations, including at least one from an Arabic Language Instructor/Professor.
- Recommendations should be addressed to the Scholarship Committee at Qalam wa Lawh.
- Applicants must provide graded transcripts documenting previous Arabic study.
Awards and benefits
The scholarship is as follows depending on the type the candidate has been selected for:
- Full Scholarships cover all tuition and housing costs for the duration of the program (an approximate value of $4200.00 for semester programs, and $1200.00 for the winter and summer sessions).
- Partial Scholarships cover tuition-only costs for the duration of the program
- Qalam wa Lawh’s campus is located in the heart of Morocco’s capital, Rabat, within minutes of historic sites, local shops, restaurants, and public transportation. If features large air-conditioned classrooms, conference rooms, computer labs, On-site student residence, and a restaurant making it an ideal for international students.
- Qalam wa Lawh Center is Morocco’s leading provider of Arabic language instruction to students and working professionals from around the world. Select from fully customizable programs in both Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Modern Arabic (Darija). Our intensive Arabic courses have earned a reputation for excellence and are designed to help you learn the Arabic language rapidly and with greater retention.
- The value that lies at the heart of every successful study abroad program is its ability to impart new experiences and understanding of a new environment and culture. At Qalam wa Lawh, we focus on student-centered and experiential learning. Introducing our students to Morocco is our passion and our privilege. Our cultural immersion program fully complements our Arabic courses, with a cohesive and in-depth activity program.
- The Ibn Battuta Arabic language scholarship rewards students for excellence is learning Arabic and the dedication to promote peace and diplomacy through cross-cultural dialogue and understanding. Qalam wa Lawh offers a total of sixty (60) Arabic scholarships per year for intensive summer and winter terms as well as Fall and spring semester programs in Rabat Morocco.
- Volunteering in Morocco is a great way to give back while studying Arabic. Service projects can be organized by the school on a group- or individual-basis.
Qalam wa Lawh partners with organizations and groups all over Rabat to help students interact with the local community and to make a difference along the way.
How to Apply
To Apply please click here