FLANE is a five-week virtual acceleration program for early-stage entrepreneurs with ambitious outcomes to drive change by empowering women. It is put into practice by the Vodafone Institute in cooperation with our partners Yunus Social Business. Yunus Social Business was founded by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammad Yunus and has successfully implemented just shy of 20 accelerator programs. These programs tap into their global community of over 300 experienced and renowned mentors to help entrepreneurs deliver consistent impact and their professional dreams.
The FLANE founding partners Social Entrepreneurship Akademie (SEA) in Munich will continue to support the program with their excellent impact entrepreneurship competencies, while the Impact Hub Berlin remains on board as Community Partner providing participating start-ups with access to the global impact community and investors. Furthermore, LOUNGE, as a new partner to the FLANE network, will contribute its expertise in gender lens investing and it’s local and global investors and mentors network to support the cohort.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You are leveraging your for-profit business to create a positive impact.
- You are clear about your impact and how to depict or even measure it.
- You have demonstrated traction and proven product-market-fit ready for scale.
- You have the potential and ambition to impact millions of lives.
- You show a clear commitment to diversity and equality in the impact you generate.
- You use innovative technology to accelerate your social impact.
- You are at a stage in which the value of our help is real.
- You demonstrate a willingness to be active and engaged throughout the program.
Awards and Benefits
- Through personalized support, capacity building, and ecosystem work – we maximize your potential and bring your business to the next level. Five weeks of acceleration will provide a platform to grow individually, sharpen your business and impact model, and get it ready for investment.
- The program will run virtually for five weeks from early September until late October. Keeping in mind the entrepreneur’s busy time, our program weeks will contain 3 days of content and there will be a break of several weeks in between to allow time for FLANE inputs to be digested and implemented by the teams. This way, we hope to bring the best of both worlds by combining the experience and excellence from on-site programs with the flexibility of remote setup.
- You will have a dedicated Vodafone mentor throughout the program who will be as fired up about your business as you are, offering you advice and acting as your counterpart to discuss the tough decisions you face. You will also have access to top-notch international experts that will help you on specific topics (e.g. product, investment, tech, etc.).
- Bolster your impact trajectory no matter where you are. There is no limit to location. All you need is an internet connection to engage in our accelerator program and participate in virtual networking events.
- Unite under a common vision and collaborate with other talented founders. Engage in purposeful cross-sector conversations with peers and experts to take your company, but also yourself as a founder to the new level. As a team leader, you will see the importance of nurturing a community inside your own company.
- We personally introduce you to potential business partners and valuable investors throughout the program.
- After individually assessing where and how we can best help you get to the next stage of your venture’s life, we set up a curriculum, 1-1 mentoring, and key virtual experiences to help YOU work on your business.
- Join the YSB global impact community, founded by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammed Yunus. Additionally, you will have access to the Impact Hub community that contains +15 000 social innovators as well as to the Social Entrepreneurship Akademie.
- You will have the unique opportunity to work with and be connected to Vodafone Germany and the wider Vodafone family.
- The program is free of charge and no equity is taken!
How To Apply
To Apply please click here