The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Eligibility and Criteria
Research areas under the Ph.D. Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
More information on:
Please note that you will be required to indicate your choices of supervisor in the application form.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- A STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Awards and Benefits
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
The estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Item||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On – Campus*||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
Priority for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first-year students.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here