YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa for developing positive leadership skills and to espouse an honest work ethic.
In the midst of all the pandemonium created by the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, Africa must position itself to come out of this better organized by leveraging technology in business, agriculture, blue economy, green growth, smart cities and the likes to drive the continent’s industrialization. The Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA), in partnership with the International Trade Centre’s (ITC) Ye! Community, have created a video messaging campaign to source positive experiences of young entrepreneurs, SMEs, and business leaders on innovative ways to build a shield for local businesses and tackle the challenges caused by COVID-19.
A group encouraging youth participation in community work. YALDA directs youth to information and resources provided by individuals and other organisations to help them develop in their careers and also assist them in developing projects and/ or organisations aimed at making a significant and positive social impact across the continent.
A network of extensive human resources. YALDA’s mission is anchored in the strong desire to achieve development on the African continent through cordial collaboration between youth and professionals. We believe that through the extensive networking and establishment of partnerships between youth and professionals, leaders of today and most importantly of the future will be well-groomed for leading development in Africa.
A forum for ground-level, youth-based solutions for Africa. YALDA is a powerful platform that allows young people to communicate their needs and innovative ideas to each other and directly to professionals and leaders worldwide. At a time when the future of the continent depends on increased collaboration, and especially with the least empowered among them-the, the youth-YALDA serves to amplify, consolidate, support, train, and present solutions created by young Africans. Join the YALDA network.
Eligibility and Criteria
To win this contest you must do the following:
- Create a profile on the Ye! Community website
- Upload your video to the Ye! Community platform (your video must be on youtube to be uploaded. Directions here
- Get the link to your video and share it with your network! Get your friends, family, and colleagues to vote for your video by sharing your video link on social media. The more you share, the more votes you will receive.
- On July 15 we review the top 5 videos with the most votes to select the ITC/YALDA choice and the people’s choice winners!
To be a part of this extraordinary campaign, you must upload a HIGH QUALITY (resolutions of 480p and above) video of yourself, of a MAXIMUM of 3 minutes!
In the video be sure to answer the following questions:
- “How has COVID-19 impacted your business?”
- “What innovative approaches are you using to shield your business?”
- “What steps do you recommend others take to help save their businesses?”
Awards and Benefits
Two winners will receive:
- Selected by ITC and YALDA from amongst the videos with the top 5 most votes.
- The people’s choice winner will go to the video that receives the most votes from sharing across social media channels
Winners will receive:
- Technical assistance from ITC to support the winner in positioning his/her business towards gaining access to international markets, one-on-one support for export strategy development and market segmentation, as well as support with market analysis and comprehension.
- Invitation to the next YES Forum with a verified speaking role as a young African youth innovator
- 30-minute one-on-one virtual discussion with ITC’s Executive Director to discuss business, trade, and what youth need to support their enterprises.
How To Apply
To apply please click here