Asia’s most exciting deep tech startup competition returns for its fourth year. Regardless of where you’re from, this is your opportunity to showcase your innovative solutions and products to major investors and industry leaders!
With new challenges, comes the New Normal. This year, we are calling for entries for our 5 challenge sectors, as well as the new Creating the New Normal horizontal for solutions that help businesses and society adapt in the post-COVID world. Up to Top 500 shortlisted startups will also have the opportunity to participate in co-innovation opportunities with corporates via our co-innovation platform.
As part of SFF x SWITCH 2020 (Singapore FinTech Festival x Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology), the Top 100 Global Startups will pitch to a global audience at SLINGSHOT 2020’s Virtual Finals in November and compete for cash grant prizes worth up to S$800,000!
Eligibility and Criteria
This year’s competition is centered around these 5 sectors:
- Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation;
- Urban Solutions & Sustainability & Energy;
- Health-Tech, MedTech & BioTech;
- FoodTech & AgriTech; and
- Digital solutions, Consumer Products & Services
Awards and Benefits
- $200,000 Startup SG Grant
- $10,000 cash prize sponsored by L’Oréal
The TOP 2 winners of each of the 5 Challenge Sectors will receive:
- $50,000 Startup SG Grant each
The TOP 100 Global Startups will receive:
- An invitation to SLINGSHOT 2020’s Virtual Finals as part of SFF x SWITCH
- EntrePass (working visa for foreign entrepreneurs in Singapore) [International applicants only]
- Access to corporates, investors and mentor networks
- The TOP 500 Global Startups will receive:
- The opportunity to participate in the corporate-innovation platform and connect with innovation-ready corporates to embark on co-innovation projects and win up to $30,000 Startup SG Grant prizes.
- $50,000 Startup SG Grant
- $10,000 Cash Prize sponsored by L’Oréal
While applying, all startups will have the opportunity to participate in a bonus challenge for solutions related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Participants, who wish to be considered for this challenge should submit a presentation deck that answers the question: How does your solution “Create the New Normal”? (PDF presentation, up to 3 slides in English only)
- Taking the “New Normal” to refer to the post-COVID-19 era, how can your solution help businesses, organizations, and communities recover, rebound, and recharge in the new normal?
- Up to 5 startups will be shortlisted for this award. The results will be announced on 5 October 2020, 1700H (GMT+8).
- Shortlisted startups from each of the 5 sectors will be asked to submit a 2-minute video introducing their business, elevator pitch style!
- Selection Phase: Projects will be reviewed by a jury panel of investors and corporates who will select the ~20 startups from each sector to move to the SLINGSHOT 2020 Virtual Finals.
- The results will be announced on 19 October 2020.
- Up to 500 shortlisted startups will also have the opportunity to participate in co-innovation opportunities with corporates via our co-innovation platform.
- SLINGSHOT Top 100 Global Startups will pitch to a global audience of over 100 corporates and investors.
- Startups will be invited for deal-making and networking opportunities with corporates and investors from relevant industries.
- The Top 2 startups from each challenge sector will be awarded a S$50,000 Startup SG Grant.
- The Final Top 10 startups will pitch again at the Grand Virtual Finals to win attractive cash prizes and grants. One Grand Winner will also be selected to win a S$200,000 Startup SG Grant.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here
Register on the platform and submit an up to 10-slides PDF presentation, in English only, addressing the following issues:
- Market and total addressable market (TAM)
- Value proposition and positioning
- Go-to-market strategy
- The business/revenue model
- Traction: KPI metrics & milestones
- Forecast 2020/2021
- Team Presentation
Pre-selection Phase: Projects will be assessed based on 5 selection criteria by a panel of jury members from the 5 Challenge Sectors:
- Technical Depth
- Growth Potential
- Feasibility of Business Model
- Differentiation & Impact of the Value proposition
- An average of 100 startups per sector will be pre-selected to progress to the Deepening phase.
The results will be released on 28 September 2020