The mandate of the SDGs are shaped by transformation, ambition, and inclusion. The SDGs call for systematic changes: to safeguard our planet; make societies more inclusive; make our economy more sustainable, and address social inequality.
We believe that young people are the ideal agents to be at the forefront of the sustainable development movement: they are forward-thinking, creative, and come in large numbers. Young people make up nearly half the world’s population, the biggest generation we are yet to see – they are the most educated, charitable, and entrepreneurial amongst other age groups.
SDSN Youth is born to place young people at the forefront of achieving the SDGs.
In January 2017, SDSN Youth launched the first edition of the Youth Solutions Report (YSR) , which showcases transformative, youth-led initiatives addressing the multiple challenges of sustainable development. The report features 50 solutions, both non-profits and social business ventures, that contribute to SDG achievement in 57 countries. These innovative ideas have the potential to transform communities, but the young people who lead them face challenges such as lack of experience running a business, poor access to investors or venture capital, and age discrimination when seeking partners and funding.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network Youth (SDSN Youth) presents young leaders the global recognition, tools, training, and resources needed to scale their SDG-focused projects.
- Are you a young leader (age 18-30) working towards the SDGs?
Awards and Benefits
- Whether you are for-profit or non-profit, you can apply online for your chance to:
- Receive access to powerful training tools, including the Investment Readiness Program.
- Be featured in the 2020 edition of the Youth Solutions Report.
- Don’t miss out on this opportunity to scale your solution and escalate your impact on the SDGs.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here