The Eiffel scholarship program is a tool developed by the Ministry in charge of foreign affairs in order to allow French educational establishments
to attract the best foreign students to degree courses at master’s and doctoral level.
It makes it possible to train future foreign decision-makers, from the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and to stimulate applications from students from emerging countries for master’s level and emerging and industrialized countries for Ph.D. level.
The four major fields of study concerned by the Eiffel scholarships are:
- The right ;
- Economy and management;
- Engineering sciences for master’s level.
- Sciences in the broad sense for doctorate level (engineering sciences; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nanotechnologies and biotechnologies, earth sciences, of the universe and the environment, information science and technology
- The political sciences.
French higher education institutions that present candidates for
Eiffel program, undertake to register them:
- or in training leading to a master’s level diploma;
- or in an engineering degree;
- either as a doctorate within the framework of a joint supervision or co-supervision of a thesis with a partner foreign higher education institution.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Nationality: this program is reserved for applicants of foreign nationality, binational candidates, one of whose nationalities is French, are not eligible.
- Age: Masters level, the candidate must be 25 years old or less at the time of the 2020 application campaign; that is, born after March 1995.
Doctorate level, the candidate must be at most 30 years old during the
application 2020; that is, born after March 1990.
- Origin of files: only the applications sent by the establishments
French are admissible. The latter undertakes to register the winners in the training for which they were selected.
- Applications sent by other avenues are not admissible.
- In addition, a candidate presented by more than one institution will see its application rejected.
- The training courses concerned: candidates likely to integrate are eligible
training leading to a master’s level diploma, including in school, engineers, and doctoral candidates.
- Only training courses accredited by the French state are eligible. French training courses relocated abroad do are not affected.
- Training as part of an apprenticeship or professionalization contract
are not eligible for the Eiffel scholarships.
- Cumulation of scholarships: foreign students already benefiting from a scholarship from
- French government under another program, at the time of filing
application, are not eligible, even if it is a scholarship that does not support charge as social coverage.
Awards and Benefits
The scholarship is awarded for a period of:
- A maximum of 12 months when registering for M2;
- 24 months maximum for enrollment in M1;
- A maximum of 36 months for the preparation of an engineering degree.
It is awarded on condition that the student has met the academic obligations of each year of the course.
- If the scholarship holder follows intensive prior language training, he may benefit from the Eiffel scholarship for a maximum of 2 months during this training, if it is clearly indicated in the application file and it cannot be requested from posteriori.
- The Eiffel scholarship does not cover the cost of this training
How To Apply
To apply please click here