Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is an academic enrichment program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 130 countries (including all 50 U.S. states) participate in one interdisciplinary, two-week session at Yale’s historic campus. Immerse yourself in a global learning community at Yale University.
Yale Young Global Scholars empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2021 (first day of Session III).*
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Be graduating in May/June 2022 or 2023 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2021 or 2022 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in any YYGS session during a previous summer (e.g., 2020, 2019), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2021.
- Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2021.
Awards and Benefits
- Program tuition for one, 2-week session is $6,500 USD, which includes instruction, housing on one of Yale’s historic residential colleges in New Haven, three meals per day, and optional health insurance. Travel costs are not included in program tuition.
- A non-refundable deposit of $3,500 USD is due on January 7, 2021 for Early Action admits, and March 15, 2021 for Regular Decision admits. The remaining tuition balance of $3,000 USD is due on April 8, 2021 for both Early Action and Regular Decision students.
- Tuition fees are paid using a payment gateway, since YYGS uses external payment processors to accommodate both domestic and international applicants.
- Tuition payments can be subject to processing fees by the external payment processor (Slate or FlyWire). Students can access this gateway by logging into their application, which will direct them to the Application Status page.
|For domestic applicants||or anyone wishing to make payment in USD, including eChecks from U.S. bank account, or Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit or debit cards, our application will automatically route you to pay through Slate as the payment processor.|
|For international applicants||or anyone wishing to make payment in foreign currency, including bank wire, foreign credit or debit cards, and other native options, like Alipay and UnionPay, our application will automatically route you to pay through Flywire as the payment processor.|
- If you reside within commuting distance of New Haven, you may participate as a day (commuter) student. This preference can be indicated on the “Additional Information” portion of the online application. Tuition for a day student is $5,500 USD.
How To Apply
To Apply please click here