Do you have the ambition to become a future leader within the sustainable development on a global platform? Then you might be who we are looking for. Global Professionals is a highly sought after, fully-funded international scholarship programme for master’s studies in Sweden. The SI Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region. Find out if you can apply.
The SI Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The programme is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders. Usually 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme. Read more about country of citizenship.
- Read more about country of citizenship
- There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
- Note: Some criteria for priority SI scholarships differ depending on the home region of the applicant.
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russia; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Regardless of all the eligibility criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals if you:
- have already resided in Sweden for cumulatively two years or more, prior to the scholarship period (August 2021);
- have previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college; Previous participants of the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), and students who have attended SI summer courses in the Swedish language or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU) may still apply;
- already hold a degree from a Swedish university/university college;
- are currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college;
- have a Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship*, a Swedish permanent residence permit or a temporary work- and residence permit based on work or on family ties with a citizen of Sweden/EU/EEA country who has a temporary or permanent right of residence in Sweden; or
- have dual citizenship in countries not listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients.
Exception: students with dual citizenship in Romania may still apply for a scholarship but must apply with the citizenship that is eligible for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals when applying to SI Scholarships as well as University Admissions.
Awards and Benefits
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
- SI fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- You will receive a regular payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship. This payment is given monthly throughout the scholarship period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe the scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkey or Ukraine. The scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period.This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
How To Apply
To apply please click here