The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2021-2022 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2020-21 academic
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
Awards and Benefits
- The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science is open to qualified students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply. The scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.
- We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
- Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award.
- Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
- Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships. Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries,
- (2) ordinarily, resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
How To Apply
To apply please click here